1). GBM was convened with the permission of the president AROI, but was adjourned due to lack of quorum.The GBM was again convened with the permission of President AROI.-Chair by Dr. Rajesh Vashistha.
2). The Secretary AROI started the GBM with paying homage to departed members – Dr Madhu Srivastava and Dr Prithvi Raj Paul, the house observed one minute silence. The president informed the GBM that condolence letters will be sent to the family members of the deceased.
3). The minutes of previous GBM was displayed & action taken on that.
- Chart rounds under the leadership of Dr Vijay Anand Reddy were appreciated. Dr Vijay Anand Reddy made the point that, that the sponsorship for the chart rounds by Varian will come to an end by this year and has informed the house he will talk to the Varian management to continue the sponsorship for the next year chart rounds.
- The Post PG ICRO Program & Medical Physicist course for PG students-Dr Vasishtha President AROI informed the house he is in talks with Elekta, Accuray & Team Best to sponsor for the program.
- The AROI Sub committees formed as per GBM decision of AROICON 2018.
- Dr Kishore Singh on behalf of AROI was given the mandate to pursue the matter of including Oncology in under graduate syllabus and making Radiation Oncology a mandatory department in medical colleges with discussion of Executive committee.
- Re-designation of Past President –as a chair to assist the new team
- Regarding DM courses it was decided with the reconstitution of MCI to NMC the pursuance of the proposal for DM Radiation Oncology is under abeyance, will be pursued at appropriate time.
- The amendment to definition of faculty and facilities provided to them in national conference was accepted and ratified.
- Contribution for AROI conferences -Increase share for central committee from National conference from 12lakh to 25lakh or 50% of saving which come maximum & 10lakh for Journal(AROI Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics)
All last year GBM minutes & action taken- It was proposed in house by Dr. V Vyas and seconded by Dr. Madhup Rastogi, house passed by raising hands.
4). Provision of financial assistance to members to present papers (Oral presentation only) in major international conferences (ASTRO, ESTRO, FARO) up to Rs 50,000/- was accepted by the house, proposed by Dr Srinivasan and seconded by the Dr Umesh Mahantashetty.
5). Increase of Fellowship and Best paper award amounts-Fellowships –
|Neil Joseph||Dr GC Pant Young doctor Award|
|Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000||Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000|
|Less than 35 years||Dr MS Gujral Gold Medal|
|Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000||Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000|
|Medical Physicist Fellowship||Dr MC Pant Gold Medal|
|Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000||Rs 7,500 to Rs 10,000|
|Travel Grant Medical Physicist Gold Medal|
|Rs 7,500 to Rs 10,000||Rs 5,000 to Rs 7,500|
6). It was brought to the notice of the house that a Letter to the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Health-GOI, has been drafted and sent to give concessions to the import of above said equipment considering them as life saving. We are awaiting an appointment with the MOF & MOHFW.
7). Dr Vijay Anand reddy was asked to provide a proposal for collaboration of AROI and Middle Eastern countries for educational programs, NO FINANCIAL BURDEN TO AROI in fact they have to pay AROI for using logo.
8).The following AROI ESTRO and Best of ASTRO Programs for 2020 and 2021.
|AROI ESTRO GYNEC COURSE 2020||TMH, MUMBAI||DR. UMESH MAHANTASHETTY|
|AROI ESTRO ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY COURSE 2020||APOLLO HOSPITAL, KOLKATA||DR. TANWEER SAHID|
|BEST OF ASTRO 2020||SRI GURU RAM DAS INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, AMRITSAR||DR. NEERAJ JAIN|
|AROI ESTRO GYNEC COURSE 2021||R G KAR MEDICAL COLLEGE||DR. CHANDAN DAS GUPTA|
|AROI ESTRO ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY COURSE 2021||AIIMS, PATNA||DR. PRITANJALI SINGH|
|BEST OF ASTRO 2021||RUBY HALL, PUNE||DR. SUMIT BASU|
In house Proposed by- Dr Srinivasan, seconded by- Dr Suresh Kumar -House Approved
9). The names of FICRO awardees was announced and accepted
- Prof H S Kumar, S.P. Medical College, Bikaner
- Prof Pamela Alice K, CMC Ludhiana
- Prof Punita lal, HOD, SGPGI, Lucknow
- Prof Sarbani Laskar, TMH, Mumbai
In house Proposed by- Dr. Shyam Srivastav, seconded by – Dr. Satyajeet Pradhan- Housed approved.
10). The following is the list of proposed venues for ICRO programs 2020 and 2021
ICRO Programs 2020
|AROI ICRO SUN||Post PG ICRO||ICRO Radiobiology|
|AIIMS, Rishikesh||MIOT, Chennai||SMSMC, Jaipur|
|Sri Shankara, Bangalore||AHRCC, Cuttack||AIIMS, Rishekesh|
|GMC, Indore||Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai||MVRCC, Calicut|
|RR Hospital, New Delhi||Paras Hospital, Patna|
ICRO Programs 2021
|AROI ICRO SUN||Post PG ICRO||ICRO Radiobiology|
|TMH, Varanasi||NZ –Royal cancer Institute, Kanpur|
|GRDS, Amritsar||EZ – IGMC, Patna|
|Med College, Thiruvananthapuram||WZ – Aruni Hospital, Rajkot|
11). Dr Vashishtha informed the GBM that the AROI national body has renewed its registration. Certificate of society –Office of Registrar of firms & societies, Punjab.
12). The New member count was 3606 as of date, the list of new members was ratified, proposed by Dr Siddharth Lashkar and seconded by Dr. S N Senapathi.
13). The following members were proposed for heading AROICON 2021 along with ICC with Maharashtra chapter consultation.
|Organizing Chairman||Dr JP Agarwal|
|Vice Chairman||Dr Sarbani Ghosh Laskar|
|Organizing Secretary||Dr K Talapatra|
|Maharashtra Chapter President||Dr V Vyas|
|Maharashtra Chapter Secretary||Dr U Mahanthashetty|
14) Financial statement was presented by the General Secretary Dr. Giri,
|AROI FD – Rs. 3, 45, 81,893||ICRO FD – Rs. 41, 14,489|
|TOTAL AROI/ICRO FD – Rs. 3, 86, 96,382|
15) It was decided by the EC that Dr. K T Bhowmik will be the election commissioner for the AROI elections due next year and the notification will be published on the website next year.
16) Dr. Manoj Gupta had raised a point regarding the quackery and unregulated use of alternative medicine for the treatment of cancer, and had asked for solution. It was decided that these issues fall under the state subject and needs to be brought in front of the state government by the respective state chapters.
- Dr. Bhowmick proposed the state chapter to go to the state health ministry.
- Dr. Suresh proposed to address this with Union govt. also along with Health ministry.
17) Umesh will contact Dr Francis and Dr Suresh for PAN CARD issue.
Umesh explained that they applied for PAN CARD and they refused mentioning that new registration has to be done for PAN card.
18) The EC thanked the organizing committee of AROICON 2019 for excellent work and the office bearers were facilitated.