As envisaged in its aims and objectives, the Association shall attach very high importance to the academic and research activities in Radiation Oncology with its related disciplines, to improve the overall standards of post-graduate teaching, clinical practice and adequate growth of this discipline as per the needs of our country.
In furtherance of these objectives, an Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO), hereinafter called the college, shall be established as a dedicated and integral part of the Association.
- To co-ordinate and promote academic activities in the disciplines of Radiation Therapy, Oncology, Medical Physics, Radiation Medicine, Radio Biology, and other allied branches in the country.
- To co-ordinate and promote research work in the disciplines of Radiation Therapy, Oncology, Medical Physics, Radiation Medicine, Radio Biology and other allied branches in the country.
- To maintain a high level of excellence m the disciplines of Radiation Therapy, Oncology, Medical Physics, Radiation Medicine, Radio Biology and other allied branches in the country through organization of continuing medical education programmes, updates, workshops, symposia on, these subjects, at regular intervals and during the Annual Congress of the Association, in coordination with the Secretary-General of AROI and the Organizing Secretary of the Congress.
- To coordinate the academic and research activities in these disciplines with similar organizations/institutions in other countries across the globe.
- To co-ordinate co-operative/collaborative multicentre trials in these disciplines amongst various centers in India and with various advanced centers in the world, and foster closer cooperation in training and research in these fields in India and abroad.
- To compile and circulate teaching material in the form of periodicals with the help of Secretary-General of the Association, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal and representatives of other similar organizations, scientific bodies/ institutions around the world.
- To collaborate an exchange programme of scientific information between the members of the Association and other such organizations/bodies/institutions around the world.
- To formulate policies, guidelines, teaching syllabi etc. for a uniform level of training (in the field of Radiation Oncology in the country with a level of excellence comparable to t the best in the world.
- To coordinate with the Medical Council of India, various Universities and teaching medical institutions in the country for establishing and ensuring an independent status of the discipline of Radiation Oncology in each teaching medical institution and for adhering to the policies, guidelines, syllabi specially formulated for attaining the uniformly high level of professional training in Radiation Oncology.
- To prepare guidelines and materials for ensuring a uniform and high level of examination pattern in the field of Radiation Oncology across the country.
- To coordinate with the Medical Council of India, various Universities and teaching medical institutions in the country for including the subject of Oncology and Radiation Oncology in adequate details in the undergraduate medical curriculum’s.
- To suggest guidelines for cancer preventions, early detection and proper management in cancer on the basis of academic and research experience gained through the activities of the College.
DR. SATYAJEET PRADHAN
DR. V SRINIVASAN
DR. DN SHARMA