Privileges of Radiation Oncologists in India
- Use all forms of External Beam Radiotherapy – EBRT 2D, 3D, IMRT, IGRT, Volumetric Arc, SRS, SRT, SBRT. Electron Beam, Photon Beam, Proton Beam.
- Use all forms of Brachytherapy – Intraluminal, Interstitial, Intra Cavitory, Plaque Brachytherapy, Surface Mould etc.
- See the patients in the Out-patient department, suspected to have Cancer or who is diagnosed of Cancer and can advice a comprehensive plan of treatment either independently or collectively with other associated specialities – Surgical & Medical Oncologists.
- Can admit a patient under his care for oncological interventions and supportive care.
- Shall be part of a Multidisciplinary Tumor board.
- Can executive Chemotherapy, Targeted therapy, Immunotherapy for Solid tumors.
- Can be the head of the Institution on par with any other allied specialities.
- Can prescribe narcotics for Palliative care.
NOTE: Please get the ratification of the above privileges at your place of work.